Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The American Patriots Bible

Title: The American Patriots Bible
Author: Thomas Nelson
Publisher: Thomas Nelson Publishing
Publication Date: May 2009
Genre: Religion
Pages: 1704

I currently own four bibles: A King James Version, A Men's Devotional, An Archaeologists Bible, and The American Patriots Bible. I know, some of you are asking "Why so many? The word of God is the word of God.!" The answer is that I am a man of many interests. Among those interests are history. I really really love history. So much so that when I started reading the bible as a young man I saw it more as a history than a vessel for spiritual enlightenment. (I've gotten over that).

The American Patriot's Bible is the word of God in New King James format. In among the books of the bible are hundreds of  articles on how America was shaped by the bible. Certain passages will have a footnote for where a certain President of the United States had his hand when he was sworn in. This is the perfect bible for a history buff (such as myself) to have. It does not take away from any spiritual guidance one may look for in a bible. For me it added a foundation of history and understanding of how the bible helped to shape our nation.

5 out of 5 Stars (the only drawback for me is the words of Christ are not in red, but I can overlook that)
Re-readable factor of 5 out of 5 (especially since the print is very comfortable on the eyes)

No comments:

Post a Comment